Director of Children & Youth Ministry
Wentzville United Methodist Church
Director of Children and Youth Ministry
The mission of the United Methodist Church is to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. The Director of Children and Youth Ministry will develop and grow the faith of our children (Pre-K – 5th grade), youth (6th – 12th grade) and engage their families. This position will focus on recruiting and equipping volunteer leaders within the Wentzville United Methodist Church (WUMC).
Please send resumes and references to:
Pastor Mark Dumas – email@example.com or reach Pastor Dumas at the office (636)327-6377
This position includes the following responsibilities:
- Education and Faith Formation
- Develop the educational and faith formation of our children and youth in a meaningful and purposeful way from childhood into adulthood.
- Present the Word of God in an age appropriate, relevant and engaging manner for our children, youth and families utilizing relevant media formats.
- Connect new families, children and youth who attend WUMC
- Volunteer Coordination and Leadership
- Recruit, train and equip volunteers to build a sustainable children and youth ministry.
- Collaborate with the Pastor and church staff in the discipleship process at WUMC.
- Building Community
- Create a relevant and welcoming environment for children and youth.
- Develop relationships with parents and volunteers who work with children and youth.
- Collaborate with the staff on outreach strategies for new families to the Wentzville area.
- Utilize media and church communications to promote events and ministry information.
- Special Events
- Offer leadership and facilitation of special events for children and their families inclusive of but not limited to: VBS, mission events and community engagement.
- Recruit and engage families and small groups in service and community events.
- The above job description is not meant to be all inclusive; there is flexibility in successfully teaching our children
and youth while involving their families in the ministries of WUMC.
- General Responsibilities
- Direct supervision is by the Pastor
- General accountability by the Church Council and Staff Parish Committee
- Maintain regular office hours at the church – part-time, 15-20 per week.
- Communication and collaboration with WUMC staff
- Safe Gatherings certification and training
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent is preferred
- Experience with children, youth and/or family ministry leadership
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Capable to work autonomously while collaborating with co-workers and volunteers.